[Recently Updated: February 25/02/2020]
- What are Cookies (and Similar Technologies)?
- Categories of Cookies
There are a few types of cookies that websites usually use. Below is a description of the different types of cookies.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies– These cookies are necessary to enable the communication between the user’s device and the website or application, or to provide the user with services requested by him/her, such cookies are used for the sole purpose of carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to allow the provider of an online service to provide its services as explicitly requested by users.
- Functionality Cookies– These cookies allow the website or application to remember choices the user made (such as username, password, language preferences, or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features, to improve the user’s experience on the website or application.
- Performance (Analytic) Cookies– These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website or application, such as which pages visitors go to most often and if they are likely to get error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect aggregate information that does not identify a specific user personally. These cookies are used to improve how a website or application works, analyze use patterns of the website or application, and assist the provider to maintain and improve its services.
- Advertising (Targeting) Cookies– These cookies are used to deliver personalized advertisements to the user. Such cookies may be used to analyze a user’s preferences in accordance with the contextual information about the user’s activities on the website or application (for example, if a user is surfing a webpage displaying an article about a sporting event, cookies may be used to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans), or to correlate between a user and information about such user collected from other website or applications (for example, to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans based on the user’s profile in other website or applications).
- Cookies used by StageOne
- StageOne may use, with respect to its website, different cookies, including first party cookies and third party cookies, strictly necessary cookies, functionality cookies, and performance (analytic) cookies all as further explained below.
- Number of visitors on the website and which webpages have been viewed;
- How To Manage Cookies
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device when browsing and using the website, you can adjust your browser settings to manage or reject such cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your Internet browser. For more information on how to change your browser settings, click on the Help section of your Internet browser. Most Internet browsers also allow you to see what cookies are currently stored on your device and selectively delete them as you wish.
See below links to common browsers enabling the control of cookies:
Please note however, that if you choose to disable certain cookies, some features of the website may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
- Changes and Updates
- Cookies used on the StageOne Website
The following cookies are used on the StageOne website:
First and Third Party
Analytics, Performance and Measurement
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors of our website use it. We use the information to improve the website. The information collected via these cookies does not directly identify anyone. The information collected includes the number of visitors to the website where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
For more information about Google’s privacy practices with respect to the cookies, please read: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
To learn about how to opt-out from these cookies, please read: